Alleviated the depressed atmosphere of the fight against Covid with “The Lottery save the country” that generated incredible income in the amazing ranking of Thailand’s state enterprise income generation ability and excellent year-end award.
State enterprise income is an important tool for maintaining the country’s financial stability. At the end of 2019, we look back at Thailand’s state enterprise income generating capacity that total amount of state enterprise income returned to the National Treasury in 2019 worth 169.159 billion baht, exceeded the target of 1.1 billion baht.
Which state enterprise can generate the number 1 income in Thailand? Surprising answer! is Government Lottery Office, which print and sell government lottery, has income accounted for 25% of total income of the state enterprises in Thailand. In conclusion, the lottery saves the country!.
Top 10 income of state enterprises are as follows:
1. Government Lottery Office 41.916 billion baht.
2. Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) 29.198 billion baht.
3. Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand 18.924 billion baht.
4. Government Savings Bank 16.538 billion baht.
5. Provincial Electricity Authority 10.903 billion baht
6. Airports Of Thailand Public Co., Ltd. 10.5 billion baht
7. Government Housing Bank 5.646 billion baht
8. Bank for Agricultural and Agricultural Cooperative 5.582 billion baht
9. Metropolitan Electricity Authority 5.5 billion baht
10. Port Authority of Thailand 4.76 billion baht
These 10 state enterprises accounted for more than 88% of total revenue generated by all state enterprises. State Enterprise Policy Office (SEPO) revealed that the revenue target of state enterprises in 2020 is 188.8 billion baht.
The oil industry, electricity, banks and other industries being in the top ten is understandable but more surprising than generate revenue is the following unexpectable year-end bonus from state enterprises:
1. Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) bonus is 1.7.5 months of monthly salary
2. Airport Of Thailand (AOT) bonus is 7.25 months of monthly salary
3. Government Savings Bank bonus is 7 months of monthly salary
4. Government Housing Bank bonus is 7 months of monthly salary
5. Department of Highways bonus is 5 months of monthly salary
6. Aeronautical Radio of Thailand bonus is 4 months of monthly salary
7. Government Lottery Office bonus is 3.75 months of monthly salary
8. Provincial Electricity Authority bonus is 2 months of monthly salary
People have the opinion that the income generation capacity of the state enterprises is not proportional to the year-end bonuses and higher than the year-end bonus of most private enterprises!
Remark: Definition of State Enterprises in Thailand: it is a public-private partnership and the state own more than 50%.
The information is gathered from the internet within Thailand and is for reference only!